The Agricultural Training Institute (ATI) is now accepting applicants for the Filipino Young Farmers Internship Program in Taiwan. The program is in partnership with Manila Economic and Cultural Office (MECO) and Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in the Philippines (TECO) to enhance existing relations through a youth exchange program that will focus on modern agricultural and fisheries techniques, marketing strategies and mechanisms, cooperative management and enhancement of competencies, discipline and values, among others.
Specifically, it aims to develop the deserving young Filipino farmers to become empowered agricultural entrepreneurs and farmer leaders. To qualify for the program, the applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Young Filipino farmer who is an out of school youth (OSY);
- Male or Female, Single, 18-36 years old at the time of application;
- May be a Son/daughter of ATI's accredited Learning Site for Agriculture/ School for Practical Agriculture/Extension Service Provide/ Farm School cooperators;
- Has existing land regardless of land size and status of ownership;
- Has no live-in partner and/or child;
- High school graduate (Senior HS level)/ undergraduate if college level / technical and/or vocational graduate;
- Not presently employed in any job at the time of application;
- Not related to any ATI employee by affinity or consanguinity;
- Must have at least one (1) year accumulated farming experience at the time of application;
- Has no overdue obligations from the ATI at the time of application;
- Of good community standing;
- A good communicator and can speak and understand English;
- Proof that has no physical deformities;
- Willing to learn Mandarin and new technologies;
- With valid Philippine passport for at least two (2) or five (5) years;
- Not recipient of ATI’s other International Exchange Programs;
- No previous travel to other countries related to Internship (ie. Japan and Taiwan); and
- Passed the following medical examination: Dental examination, medical tests chest X-ray (for Tuberculosis), stool examination (for parasites), serological test (for Syphilis), proof of positive measles and rubella antibody, examination (for Hansen’s Disease), skin examination, for Hepatitis B and HIV/AIDS; ECG exam, drug and neuro-psychological test to be done in diagnostic clinics, hospitals or laboratories accredited by the Department of Health.
For more information and for the list of documentary requirements, contact the ATI Training Center in your region.