1. The AGRICULTURAL TRAINING INSTITUTE (ATI), through the 2020 GENERAL APPROPRIATIONS ACT (GAA) intends to apply the sum of SIX MILLION ONE HUNDRED FIFTY-NINE THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED FIFTY PESOS (PHP 6,159,150.00) being the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) to payments under the contract for the PROVISION OF AGRICULTURAL SUPPLIES (LOT 1: SEEDS) FOR THE CONDUCT OF URBAN AGRICULTURE. Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected at bid opening.
2. The ATI now invites bids for the Provision of Agricultural Supplies (LOT 1: Seeds) for the conduct of Urban Agriculture. Delivery of the Goods is required for three (3) months. Bidders should have completed, within five (5) years from the date of submission and receipt of bids, a contract similar to the Project. The description of an eligible bidder is contained in the Bidding Documents, particularly, in Section II. Instructions to Bidders.
3. Bidding will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using a non-discretionary “pass/fail” criterion as specified in the 2016 Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act (RA) 9184, otherwise known as the “Government Procurement Reform Act”.
Bidding is restricted to Filipino citizens/sole proprietorships, partnerships, or organizations with at least sixty percent (60%) interest or outstanding capital stock belonging to citizens of the Philippines, and to citizens or organizations of a country the laws or regulations of which grant similar rights or privileges to Filipino citizens, pursuant to RA 5183.
4. Interested bidders may obtain further information from the ATI-BAC Secretariat and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below during office hours from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
5. A complete set of Bidding Documents may be acquired by interested Bidders from the address below upon payment of the applicable fee for the Bidding Documents, pursuant to GPPB Resolution No. 18-2012, in the amount of Ten Thousand Pesos (PHP 10,000.00), to the ATI Cashier located at the Basement, ATI Central Office.
It may also be downloaded free of charge from the website of the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS) and the website of the Procuring Entity, provided that Bidders shall pay the applicable fee for the Bidding Documents not later than the submission of their bids.
6. The ATI will hold a Pre-Bid Conference on 28 July 2020 at 1:00 p.m. at the Training Hall 1, RDEC, ATI Compound, Diliman, Quezon City, which shall be open to prospective bidders.
7. Bids must be duly received by the BAC Secretariat at the address below on or before 10 August 2020 at 1:30 p.m. All Bids must be accompanied by a bid security in any of the acceptable forms and in the amount stated in ITB Clause 18.
Bid opening shall be on 10 August 2020 at 2:00 p.m. at the Training Hall 1, RDEC, ATI Compound, Diliman, Quezon City. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below. Late bids shall not be accepted.
8. The ATI reserves the right to reject any and all bids, declare a failure of bidding, or not award the contract at any time prior to contract award in accordance with Section 41 of RA 9184 and its IRR, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
9. For further information, please refer to: Mr. JOEVEN C. CALASAGSAG, Head-BAC Secretariat, 1st Floor ATI Central Office, Elliptical Road, Diliman, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Telephone No. 8929-8541, e-mail address at email@example.com.