The Agricultural Training Institute’s (ATI) role as the DA’s extension and training arm was strengthened with the Republic Act 8435 or the Agriculture and Fisheries Modernization Act (AFMA) of 1997. But in November 1998, the RFTCs were turned over to the Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources. Also, the FTCs were renamed Provincial Training Centers.
As the extension and training arm of the Philippine Department of Agriculture, ATI is geographically situated nationwide to be able to reach its target clientele in the agriculture and fisheries sector. It has 16 regional training centers and one international training center, with its Central Office located at Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines.
The ATI-CAR was formerly one of the Regional Training Centers for Rural Development of the then PTC-RD created by PD 1145 on May 30, 1977. It became one of the four National Training Centers (NTC) of the ATI when it was established in 1987 and remained as such under the AFMA of 1997.
The following are the officials and employees of the ATI-CAR: