TRECE MARTIRES CITY, Cavite- The Agricultural Training Institute- CALABARZON collaborated with private extension partners in establishing propagating stations that will serve as a community-based plant nursery, dubbed as “Binhi para sa Pamayanan.”
Center Director, Marites Piamonte-Cosico and eight private extension partners signed the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) via video conference call last September 11, 2020.
“Binhi para sa Pamayanan” is geared towards food security during this health crisis where families are encouraged to plant vegetables using available space or improvised containers by providing ready-to-plant seedlings.
The community-based plant nursery is ATI Calabarzon’s response and support to Urban Agriculture Program and Plant, Plant, Plan Program of the national government. The Center will establish eight community-nursery stations for 2020, strategically located all over the region.
As extension partners of ATI IV-A, the Learning Sites for Agriculture (LSA), School for Practical Agriculture (SPA), and Extension Service Providers (ESPs) will be tapped as the propagating stations to provide ready-to-plant materials to targeted beneficiaries.
Center Director Ms. Marites Piamonte-Cosico led the MOA signing, together with the private extension partners, namely:
1. ABF Integrated Farms and Agribusiness Center Inc. - Brgy. San Juan, San Pablo City, Laguna
2. MOCA Family Farm RLearning Center Inc. – Brgy. Castillo, Padre Garcia, Batangas
3. Teofely Nature Farm Inc. - Brgy. Lumil, Silang, Cavite
4. Chad's Nature Farm - Brgy. Kinalaglagan, Mataas na Kahoy, Batangas
5. Luntiang Republika Ecofarms - Brgy. Taywanak Ilaya, Alfonso, Cavite
6. Bunch Farm - Brgy. Gulang-Gulang, Lucena City, Quezon
7. Sweet Nature Farms - Brgy. Makasipac, Sta. Maria, Laguna
8. Quality Lifelong Learning Institute - Brgy. Lagundi, Morong, Rizal
The project aims to distribute approximately 320,000 ready to plant seedlings to 1,600 household/communities beneficiaries.