DILIMAN, Quezon City – The Agricultural Training Institute (ATI) is calling for proposals from its Extension Service Providers (ESPs) as per Memorandum M20-06-157 and M20-07-160 which was signed by ATI National Director Alfredo S. Aton and released last July 1, 2020.
The purpose of the memorandum was to provide accredited ESPs with “wider opportunities and participation in the conduct of agricultural extension services and to recognize the efforts and capabilities of private institutions dedicated to the delivery of agricultural and fisheries modernization program.”
Themes or subject matters of training and extension services that will be proposed include the following:
1. Agripreneurship Training
2. Herbal and Alternative Medicines;
3. Capability Building;
5. Community Organizing and Development;
6. Indigenous Practices;
7. Technologies on Rice, Corn, Commercial Crops, Floriculture, Honeybee, Fruit Trees, Livestock, Rubber, Coffee, Mushroom and others that are necessary and relevant in the community;
9. Climate Change and Natural Resources;
10. Good Agricultural Practices; and
11. Other Specialized Training Courses that maybe the felt need of the farmers, fisherfolk, young farmers and women farmers in the area of service.
As an addendum, the ESP extension grants or proposals shall cover any of the following: Eight Paradigms in Agriculture of DA Secretary Dar; ATI’s enhanced extension thematic areas; Rural Based Organizations (RBOs), and DA’s Plant, Plant, Plant Program.
Moreover, there will also be a 20% counterpart from the proponent, attached modules on the submitted proposals, preparatory trainings, a maximum of 20 participants for face-to-face trainings and observance of the minimum health standards and safety protocols, and the conduct of webinar sessions which is a highly recommended activity, especially during the pandemic.
According to Memorandum M20-07-160, submission of proposals will be through a hard copy (with cover letter). The secretariat will initially evaluate the completeness of the proposals submitted and will convene the committee once a month for the evaluation of proposals. The secretariat shall submit a feedback letter based on the results of the evaluation.