- About us
- Contact Us
Republic Act 8435 (Agriculture and Fisheries Modernization Act of 1997) mandated the Institute to:
- lead in the formulation of the national Agriculture and Fisheries Extension (AFE) agenda and budget;
- prepare an integrated plan for publicly-funded training programs in agriculture and fisheries;
- advise the Department of Agriculture in managing financial and logistical support for AFE;
- formulate and issue guidelines in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating AFE programs; and
- assist the local government units extension system by improving their effectiveness and efficiency through capability building and complementary extension activities such as technical assistance, training of personnel, improvement of physical facilities, extension cum research and information support services in coordination with state universities and colleges.
Executive Order Number 116 mandated the Institute to:
- train agricultural extension workers and their clientele;
- conduct multi-level training programs to promote and accelerate rural development; and
- ensure that research results are communicated to the farmers through appropriate training and extension activities.
Department Order no. 3, series of 2007
mandated the Institute to lead in the provision of e-Extension services in collaboration with the various agencies, bureaus and organizational units of the Philippine Department of Agriculture. This is to integrate and harmonize ICT-based extension delivery system for agriculture and fisheries.