Expanding Partnerships in Advancing Excellence in AFE Delivery
As a strategy to harmonize the extension initiatives of the different institutions offering Agriculture and Fisheries Extension (AFE) services, the Institute forges linkages with these institutions for collaborative undertakings. The aim is to expand the reach of extension services as well as to cater to a more and diverse clientele. With this, the Institute performs the following functions:
- Undertake accreditation and certification of qualified private Extension Service Providers (ESPs) for institutional grants, in line with Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act 8435 or the Agricultural Fisheries and Modernization Act of 1997 (AFMA) and Republic Act 10068, the Organic Agriculture Act of 2010.
- Provide extension services such as trainings and seminars, technology demonstration like the Farmers' Field Schools (FFS) and Training of Trainers (TOT), Farm and Business Advisory Services, and Information, Education and Communication services.
- Generate and manage stimulus funds for institutional grants for extension programs of private ESPs, Local Government Units, State Universities and Colleges, and Non-Government Agencies
- Establish national and international partnership agreements for joint ventures in extension programs for agriculture and fisheries.
- Develop programs for strengthening rural based organizations such as Rural Improvement Clubs, 4-H Clubs, Pambansang Mannalon, Mag-uuma, Magbabaul, Magsasaka ng Pilipinas (P4MP) and professional groups of extension workers for global competitiveness
- Implement the Farmers Scientist Training Program (FSTP) to alleviate poverty-stricken situation of upland farmers through participatory approaches in skills enhancement and values formation in collaboration with University of the Philippines Los Banos (UPLB), Department of Science and Technology (DOST), Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR), Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR), Commission on Higher Education (CHED) - State Universities and Colleges and the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG).
- Establish database profiling of rural based organizations, FFS, and TOT participants.