- About Us
Enhancing Access to AFE Knowledge Products and Services
The ATI aims to provide fast access to up-to-date agriculture and related information and knowledge for the different AFE stakeholders. With this program, the Institute's Information Services include development, translation, packaging and distribution of knowledge products available in multimedia.
To maximize and intensify the use of high-impact information and communication extension modalities and reach more clientele, the ATI offers the following services:
- e-Extension Program for Agriculture and Fisheries
The e-Extension Program for A & F is the electronic delivery of extension services with a network of institutions as partners for a more efficient and harmonized extension system for agriculture, fisheries and natural resources sectors. It maximizes the use of information and communication technology and creates an electronic and interactive bridge for farmers, fishers and other stakeholders to attain a modernized and globally competitive agriculture and fisheries sector.
- e-Learning - One form of distance education that uses and maximizes the ICT to share knowledge in agriculture and fishery technologies. This includes online certificate courses, digital learning resources such as technology kits, video clips, and mini-tutorials available at the e-Learning portal (www.e-extension.gov.ph/elearning).
- e-Farming - Through the Farmers’ Contact Center, the Institute delivers farm and business advisory services maximizing the different modes of communication that are popular to the clientele. Manned by licensed agriculturists with different specializations and can speak in different Filipino dialects, the e-farming services are responded through voice calls, texts, e-mails or even online chat and discussion forum supported by a pool of subject matter specialists on various topics on agriculture and fisheries technologies.
- e-Trading - This is the online provision of information on market trends, investment, market prices, inventories and others; ICT-based marketing related information exchange for agriculture and fisheries. Initiated by ATI-Regional Training Center in Northern Mindanao, the Institute offers FilFarm (http://filfarm.e-extension.gov.ph), an online platform for farmers to market their produce and for buyers to be able to transact directly with them. This will soon be expanded to cover other areas in the country.
- Techno Gabay Program
This program aims to promote technology dissemination and utilization guides and facilitates knowledge sharing among extension workers and farmers. As one of the matured extension modalities initiated by the DOST - Philippine Council for Agriculture, Aquatic and Natural Resources Research and Development (PCAARRD), the program was turned over to ATI on October 23, 2012 to form part of the knowledge management initiatives of the Institute for the agriculture and fisheries sector in the country.
- School-on-the-Air Program
This is a certificate course through distance learning on the complete package of technology of a commodity and other agriculture and fisheries related subject matter. Aired through the local radio stations in a staggered basis for a period of not less than three months, the SOA is conducted by the ATI‘s network of training centers in collaboration with the State Universities and Colleges, Local Government Units and DA’s Regional Field Offices in their respective regions.
- Knowledge and Information Centers
To provide a more comfortable and relaxed access to the Institute's ICT-based tools and services such as the e-learning courses, the ATI has established the e-Learning Lounge at the ATI Training Centers. At the ATI Central Office in Diliman, Quezon City, the Institute opens to the public the Learning and Discover Center for Agriculture and Fisheries, or the LeAD Center.
The LeAD Center is another strategy for extension and education that features the evolution as well as learning and discovery of farming systems innovations. The Center, as a knowledge and information hub, showcases the evolution and history of agricultural extension, the successful farmers and technologies applied in the country, a diorama of appropriate farming systems in different landscapes, and an interactive corner and a playroom for kids and kids at heart. It will soon offer an entrepreneur’s corner to showcase products and café that will serve produce and meals from organic agriculture practitioners.
Likewise, the ATI showcases its Agriculture and Fisheries Knowledge Center (AFKC) -- an enhanced library of the Institute that consists of a circulation section, reading area, computer laboratory, and an ICT Corner. This facility utilizes a Dewey Decimal Classification System and accommodates a collection of books, magazines, vertical file materials such as pamphlets, brochures, and newspaper clippings, as well as official publications from ATI's partner agencies .