- About us
- Thematic Programs
- (1) Enhancing Access to A&F Knowledge Products & Services
- (2) Strengthening Competitiveness and Capacities of the A&F Sector
- (3) Expanding Partnership in Advancing Excellence in A&F Delivery
- (4) Scaling-Up AFE Innovations
- (5) Strengthening AFE Stakeholders' Capacity in Climate Change Adaptation & Readiness
- (6) Improving Enabling Environment and Quality of A&F Governance
- Contact Us
Scaling-Up AFE Innovations
- Training and Modeling of Agri-preneurship, Agri-cator and Agri-techture
- Establishment of Farm Tourism Model Farms thru Big Brother/Small Brother Concept
- Strengthen and Intensify the establishment of School for Practical Agriculture (SPA) and learning Site
- Alternative learning system: Blended Academic and Technical Courses
ESTABLISHMENT/DEVELOPMENT OF LEARNING SITES
- Showcasing of location-specific technologies
The learning sites shall serve as model or examples to show that agriculture is a viable enterprise, employing good agricultural practices and workable farming strategies. These shall also serve as:
- Training venues for practical and hands-on learning for immediate use
- Practicum areas to complement classroom learning
- Field visit areas for other frmers, training participants and other interested in agriculture, and
- On-the-Job Training (OJT) site for the students of the ladderized course in agricultural entrepreneurship
SCHOOL FOR PRACTICAL AGRICULTURE
The School for Practical Agriculture or Sanayan ng Pagsasaka at Adhikaing Agrikultura (SPA) is a holistic, integrated community based agribusiness-ecotourism program of the ATI.
The SPA are learning site further develop in accordance with the SPA framework of the ATI. That is , the choosen SPA farm shall be further developed to become the "school" for hands-on training and farmer-owner shall be developed o become the "teacher" and community extension worker doing training and extension work for other farmers to further enhance their farming knowledge and skills as well as for those intending to go into farming.
Once the farm is fully developed and made capable to be an effective and efficient venue for training and extension activities, the LS shall graduate to a Schoo for Practical Agriculture.
General Feature of the SPA
1. Consists of the farmer owner and his farm, with the farm as the "school" and the farmer owner as the "teacher"
2. The farm shall be diversified and integrated showcasing the cultural practices for complementary agricultural commodities. The farming system will be either crop based (e.g. rice-based, corn-based, vegetable-based, coffe-based, fruit-based, etc.) or livestock-based farming systems
3. The farm activities can cover production to processing and marketing or the value chain.
4. With simple but functional facilities needed to undertake training and extension activities.
5. The SPA farmers shall be collectively referred to as Farmer Extesionist (FE) but the existing local nomenclatures can still be used, e.g. Barangay Agricultural Worker (BAW)