- About us
- Thematic Programs
- (1) Enhancing Access to A&F Knowledge Products & Services
- (2) Strengthening Competitiveness and Capacities of the A&F Sector
- (3) Expanding Partnership in Advancing Excellence in A&F Delivery
- (4) Scaling-Up AFE Innovations
- (5) Strengthening AFE Stakeholders' Capacity in Climate Change Adaptation & Readiness
- (6) Improving Enabling Environment and Quality of A&F Governance
- Contact Us
Out-of-School Youth Empowered
PILI, Camarines Sur- Hitting two birds with one stone, ATI-RTC 5 launched a program to provide education to out-of-school youth (OSY) and at the same, produce a generation of new farmers.
The Academic and Technology Integration Education Program (ATI-EP) aims to empower the OSY by providing them with the necessary education and training in both academic and technology on agriculture and business. They will also be taught with academic subjects including cultural enhancement to fully develop their personalities.
Twenty participants were selected for the program. They will undergo a 5-month training where they will undergo lectures, workshops, practicum and on-site visit to selected farms. Their successful completion of the program will earn them a National Certification I and II from Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA). They will also have at least 2-year grade level acceleration under the Department of Education Alternative Learning System (ALS).
The training is held at ATI compound in San Agustin, Pili, Camarines Sur. It started last February 1 until June 15 this year.