- About us
- Thematic Programs
- (1) Enhancing Access to A&F Knowledge Products & Services
- (2) Strengthening Competitiveness and Capacities of the A&F Sector
- (3) Expanding Partnership in Advancing Excellence in A&F Delivery
- (4) Scaling-Up AFE Innovations
- (5) Strengthening AFE Stakeholders' Capacity in Climate Change Adaptation & Readiness
- (6) Improving Enabling Environment and Quality of A&F Governance
- Contact Us
Vision and Mission
The overall manager of agriculture and fisheries training and extension of the Country;
The lead agency for extension of the Department of Agriculture;
The national apex organization that provides leadership for a unified and efficient agriculture and fisheries extension system; and
The lead agency for electronic-extension in the Country.
We seek to enhance agricultural manpower capabilities in the countryside to ensure agricultural productivity and entrepreneurship, guided by the principles of sustainable development.
Food availability and affordability for every Filipino family through excellent in extension services agriculture and fisheries
Empowerment and building capacities of agriculture and fisheries stakeholders for sustainable development
ATI QUALITY POLICY
The Agricultural Training Institute. as the oschestrator of the National Extension System, ensures harmonized management of agricultural and fishery extension delivery systems in empowering the farmers ad fisgerfolks for food security, poverty and climate change risk resiliency.
OUR CORE VALUES
We give the best.
We serve with passion
We work with integrity and passion
INNOVATION and EXCELLENCE
We keep raising the bar
Pursuant to Executive Order no.338 (Restructuring the Department of Agriculture Providing Funds Therefore and Other Purposes) and in consistent with the Republic Act 8435 (Agriculture and Fisheries Modernization Act of 1997), the Institute is mandated to:
- lead in the formulation of the national Agriculture and Fisheries Extension (AFE) agenda and budget;
- prepare an integrated plan for publicly-funded training programs in agriculture and fisheries;
- formulate and issue guidelines in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating AFE programs; and
- assist, in coordinating with state universities and colleges, the local government units extension system by improving their effectiveness and efficiency through capability building and complementary extension activities such as technical assistance, training of LGU personnel, improvement of physical facilities, extension cum research and information support services.
- Develop programs that are consistent with the regional A&F agenda and priorities;
- Multi-stakeholders engagement in program planning and project implementation;
- Integrate Climate Change Smart Technologies and Disaster Preparedness Strategies in A&F extension activities;
- Implement skills, entrepreneurship and competency based training programs to facilitate TESDA certification to increase employability of training participants;
- Implement training programs leading to Organic Agriculture (OA) and Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) certification of smallholder farms and farmers;
- Strengthen institutional capability through continuing human capital and infrastructure development.