e-Extension Program for Agriculture and Fisheries
The e-Extension Program for Agriculture and Fisheries maximizes the use of information and communication technology and creates an electronic and interactive bridge for farmers, fishers and other stakeholders.
1. e-Learning is one form of distance education that includes online certificate courses and digital learning resources such as technology kits, video clips, and mini-tutorials available at the e-Learning portal (www.e-extension.gov.ph/elearning).
2. E-Farming through the Farmers’ Contact Center delivers farm and business advisory services to the farmers, fishers, extension workers and partners. Manned by licensed agriculturists with different specializations, the e-farming services are responded through voice calls, texts, e-mails or even online chat and discussion forum.
Rice Crop Manager on the other hand is a computer and mobile phone based tools providing rice farmers with a personalized crop and nutrient management guideline. RCM uses results of research and existing knowledge to provide farmers in irrigated and rain-fed lowlands with ‘precise’ field- and farmer-specific recommendations.
3. FilFARM (Filipino Farmers Are Ready to Market) is an avenue for sellers and buyers to meet. It foresees a future where markets are brought to the comforts of the home of the buyers at a much lesser price. It also links its trained farmers and beneficiaries of learning sites to the market.
Knowledge Resource Center
1. Agriculture and Fisheries Knowledge Center (AFKC)
An enhanced library of the Institute that consists of a circulation section, reading area, computer laboratory, and an ICT Corner. This facility contains a collection of books, magazines, vertical file materials such as pamphlets, brochures, and newspaper clippings, as well as official publications from ATI's partner agencies.
2. LeAD Center
The Center, as a knowledge and information hub, showcases the evolution and history of agricultural extension, the successful farmers and technologies applied in the country, a diorama of appropriate farming systems in different landscapes, and an interactive corner and a playroom for kids and kids at heart. It will soon offer an entrepreneur’s corner to showcase products and café that will serve produce and meals from organic agriculture practitioners.
3. FITS Centers
The FITS Center is one of the four interrelated modalities of the Techno Gabay Program (TGP). These are one-stop service facilities established in the countryside that provide easy access to agri-fishery information and technologies. It was institutionalized through the Executive Order No. 801, Series of 2009 “Encouraging LGUs to Adopt the Techno Gabay in their Agricultural Extension Programs and the Concerned Government Agencies to Provide the Required Assistance for the Purpose” and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR). The ATI also works with (MS) Magsasakang Siyentista. The MS is an outstanding farmer who is successful in his/her use of agri-fisheries technologies and indigenous practices and complements the FITS Center.
The ATI also provides fast access to up-to-date agriculture related information and knowledge. It covers the development, translation, packaging and distribution of knowledge products available in different platforms:
1. Corporate Materials
This includes the corporate newsletters, manuals, books and some promotional merchandise like notebooks, pens, pins and fans. These materials are used for building the corporate identity of the Institute.
2. Documentation of Success Stories
Success stories were being documented in video and print format to promote best practices and encourage other people to venture in agriculture. Farmers, fishers, extension workers were also featured to highlight the importance of the industry in the country.
3. Techno-based ATI produced (Downloadable format)
ATI also produce techno-based materials in wide range of agricultural commodities. This includes leaflets, pamphlets, fact-sheets, techno-kits and booklets. These resources helps provide technical how-to’s on the latest agricultural practices and technologies for the clients.